Great henna tattoo recipes for doing henna tattoos.
The best recipe is simple:
Harvest Moon (pure red orange) and Shelly oil or just water. You can add black walnut extract into the mix for really dark henna stains if that is what you are after.
Henna Recipe Fact:
Why so many recipes? Fresh henna is best henna. Harvest Moon is ready to do a tattoo in 15 minutes with just water.
Shelly oil (which we sell cheap) when mixed in with our pure henna makes an absolute incredible henna tattoo. Tip: Apply Shelly oil to area prior to applying henna, instead of mixing in the henna. You will be amazed with the results!
We have mixed henna well over 1,000 ways and simply put, water and black walnut extract is the best for the stain hands down.
Try this mixed with our fresh henna. Anyone that has said to mix, coffee, tea, or any other caffeine products will dilute the henna and keep it from working as well.
Harvest Moon henna is so fresh you can do henna tattoos with just plain tap water in less than an hour!
Even more powerful, add our Shelly oil!
The darker the henna powder does not mean the darker the stain. Fact is, the best staining henna’s are a brownish-yellow color. If your henna power is
extremely green odds are it has been tampered with. Never assume greener is better!
We will show you unlimited ways to make money with henna.
The color of the powder usually does not have anything to do with the color of the stain!
With many ways to mix henna. Many have their secret recipe, however it really comes down to the henna powder, henna oil and acids used. We have tried tea, coffee, coke, caramel. You name it! we’ve tried it! They all come out the same, they all last the same amount of time. Fresh henna and water works best! For a darker stain mix black walnut extract in. Then apply Shelly oil to skin prior to henna application.
These recipes are for body art henna paste, not for henna hair dye.
If you have a henna recipe you would like to share, please email us and we will list it below.
Free Henna Recipe #1
(Not best recipe with our henna powder, our henna only needs water)
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons henna powder in a glass, ceramic, or metal bowl
- Boil 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water. Add 2 tea bags & let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add 4-6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice! (NOT A Concentrate) *Mix well – mixture should resemble a thick cookie dough. Slowly add the hot tea to the mixture & stir well to avoid lumps.(small amount of tea!)
- Add a few drops of Shelly oil (1 teaspoon) *Mixture should be a little bit thinner than toothpaste (thicker is better then runny!).
- Cover and let set for 2 hours for dark stain, 2-24 hours for a much darker stain. Our Henna is ready in less then 1 hour with just Shelly oil! We cannot be responsible for other henna
- When removing henna, use essential oils. Do not wash with water for 12 hours for a darker stain. Keep benzyl peroxide (acne cream, also in face washes) away from Henna! it will make it disappear faster.
Free Henna Recipe #2
Boil about 6 to 7 slices of dried limes with 1 tsp sugar and a little water. When the water has turned a reddish color, it is done. Mix your henna powder with some of the lime/sugar water. Keep mixing until all the lumps are gone. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and set it in a warm spot overnight. The next morning, add the geranium and cajeput oils and stir until you have the consistency of toothpaste. Let this mixture sit for the day. Stir again. If the mixture seems too thick add a little warm water until you have the consistency you want.
Free Henna Recipe #3
Simple and works great! Add Lemon Juice (bottled or fresh) to powder, adding a teaspoon at a time until the henna is consistent to toothpaste or oatmeal (with out the clumps). Set out covered for 4-10 hours at room temperature (in Metal iron bowl). Add essential oils and mix.Twelve hours later your henna is ready. Add sugar to help it dry slower! Most people say it helps it stick on the skin. Any wet henna will stick. Sugar helps slow the drying time, which in return, helps for a darker stain. Use honey for a sugar substitute.
Here is some more (link) natural henna recipes