Mixing directions to achieve JET BLACK hair color is a two-step process.
Mixing pure henna for the 1st step in the application:
1. Mix henna with warm water (1 ½ cups per package)
2. The paste will need to have the consistency of yogurt or pudding.
3. Make sure you wear gloves, as the Henna will stain your hands!
4. Apply the henna paste to your hair in sections starting from the back and working forward.
5. If you wrap your hair with a shower cap with a hole cut in the top.
6. Allow sitting for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Rinse the paste out. (DO NOT USE SHAMPOO) towel dry your hair.
8. Move on to Step 1 of the Indigo application
Mixing pure indigo for 2nd step in the application:
1. Mix with water (1 ½ cups per package)
2. The paste will need to have the consistency of yogurt or pudding
3. Make sure you wear gloves, as the Indigo will stain your hands!
4. Apply the Indigo paste to your hair immediately in sections starting from the back and working forward.
5. Allow sitting for up to 1 hour before rinsing off with tap water. No longer than 1 ½ hours at most.
Do not use soap or shampoo for at least 18-24 hours.
Your hair color will get darker over the next two days.
Do not panic if your hair looks green at first. It will turn black overnight! Some people turn black immediately. For some people, it looks red and then turns black.
How to get black using a one-step process
Black hair dye is our only 2-step process, but the most conditioning process as well.
However, some people want to do a one-step if possible (especially men that are doing beards).
Some men or women can use the two to make a black with one step. Others must do a 2 step process to get black. One step is most important for men who have to do the beards every 7-14 days.
It depends on a few things: The protein in your hair, how clean your hair is, the size of the pores in your hair strands, and the acid in your hair.
To see if you can do a one-step process, simply wash your hair twice with “cheap” shampoo, no conditioner. If you are using it for beard dye, make sure you do the beard prep that came with the directions.
Mix indigo and henna 3 to 1. ( Can also Be Done With Dark Brown and Indigo)
You will need to mix the two ingredients from 3 to 1. Three parts Indigo to one part Henna, 75% indigo, and 25% henna. Do not add lemon, ONLY warm tap water! Any other added ingredients can lead to it not working as well.
Leave on for one hour and rinse. Shampoo 24 hours later, and remember it takes 24-48 hours to get to the darkest stage. If it is not dark enough, you might have to do a 2 step process that comes with the directions.
Each individual is different. It has nothing to do with race or religion, just the fact we all have different hair, like we have different DNA.
If you order the black hair dye, it will come with 100 grams of henna (step 1) and 100 grams of indigo (step 2).
If you have questions, we are always here to help you!
How to achieve black with just indigo
Another easy way to achieve black, and the rarest way, is to simply just use Indigo by itself. ( this does not work on everyone, but if you can, it is the easiest)
Shampoo your hair twice just prior to application. Dry hair with a towel or hairdryer ( damp is ok). Mix the indigo with warm tap water and apply immediately to the hair and rinse 1 to 1.5 hours later.
Some people will achieve permanent black by doing this. In some cases, it will turn a slight purple or green at first, and then it will turn black within 48 hours. Some might turn purple or green, and/or it might not be permanent.
Find out which works best for you!